Individual Term Paper
The individual term paper entails first, a detailed self analysis of your interaction with your team and second, a critical evaluation of your team using the important and practical guidelines and major steps associated with organizational behavior concepts as an evaluative yardstick. In both instances (self analysis and team assessments), an important part of this paper is for students to provide several specific recommendations for self and team improvement. Finally, this paper provides an important overview of the contents of the contents associated with the three organizational behavior clusters of concepts that we deal with in this class. Specifically, write a term paper detailing the following:
1. With specific reference to Chapter 12 and material on leadership, use the 8 competencies associated with effective leader (see exhibit 12.1 ) to develop a simple questionnaire. Ask a co-worker (or someone who consistently interacts with you in your work place) to FRANKLY assess you on the 8 leadership competencies. Provide 4 specific actions that you will undertake to improve upon your leadership competency skill.
2. With specific reference to Chapter 9, and material on communication, describe the nature of the communication process in your team as your work on the team report. Identify and descried Provide 4 specific ways that the communication process in your tem can be improve.
3. With specific reference to Chapter 11 and material on conflict describe a particular situation that resulted in conflict or tensions or anxieties in your team. Describe how this was handled. Describe 4 specific that conflict resolution process in your tem can be improve.
4. With specific reference to Chapter 14, adapt the material on organizational culture profile dimensions (see exhibit 14.3 ) to develop a simple questionnaire and use this to describe (assess) the nature of your team culture. Describe 4 specific change strategies that you will recommend to “ substantially improve” the culture of your team.
5. Identify one country in each of the following regions of the world: The Americas and Africa. The selected country should not be China). Reference chapter 2 and the section on values across cultures. Look up Hofstede’s actual data on the two countries with respect to Individualism/collectivism and Power distance. (Google geert-hofstede.com. click on “Hofstede Center” and click the country comparison link) Create a simple table using the data you gather. Explain what you find with respect to these two dimensions and highlight its managerial implications for managing in an increasingly global world.
At least six scholarly sources (books or articles) should be referenced.